Krillbite Studio, one of the leading independent game studios in Norway, is looking for an experienced lead programmer. You will be leading our tech team (three talented people) and be responsible for all technical aspects of our productions. You will work closely with our producer and the other leads to help create innovative and artistic video games. We expect you to divide your time evenly between programming and organizing yourself and others.
We are looking for a candidate who is confident and comfortable with leadership, creative, motivated, self-driven and brings a positive attitude to their work environment. Industry experience is required for the position. At Krillbite we welcome people of all colours, genders, sexual orientations, ethnicities and beliefs.
Our studio was founded in 2011 and is most known for the games Among the Sleep (2014), The Plan (2014) and Mosaic (2019). We are an artistic and ambitious studio, taking pride in exploring the videogame medium with experimental narratives and gameplay. We currently have two games in development.
The position requires you to work at our office in Oslo, Norway. We can assist you with relocating.
- You are a team leader.
- Set the technical direction for the company with goals and support your team during the execution.
- Be the decision maker in technical matters.
- Evaluate the work performed by your team and analyse its impact on the project.
- Be an advocate for best technical practices.
- Oversee the growth and development of your tech team.
- Short and long term planning in cooperation with the producer and other leads, enabling us to meet our deadlines without crunch.
- Saying no.
Essential skills and experience:
- Minimum 6 years of professional game development experience with minimum 2 years a lead or senior programmer.
- Shipped multiple games in a professional capacity, at least one with you in a lead position.
- Fluent in C#.
- Significant professional experience with Unity.
- Designing, building and maintaining core game architectures from start to finish.
- Experience working with consoles.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience with prototyping and developing them into finished products.
- Proficiency with Git.
Desirable skills and traits that will be considered a plus:
- Experience with Unreal Engine or other game engines.
- C++ proficiency.
- Python proficiency.
- Interest in machine learning.
- Interest in procedural content generation.
- Understanding of graphics pipelines.
- Experience with networking code, front or back end.
- Interest in creating interactive experiences outside of the realm of games.
- A competitive salary compared to similar positions in the Norwegian games industry
- Being part of a development team where everybody matters and their input is valued.
- A cultural focus on creating a healthy balance between work and personal life – Krillbite Studio is constantly working on creating the best possible working environment, and are currently experimenting with six hour workdays.
- Offices in central Oslo, very close to public transport, restaurants, parks, bars, museums, etc.
- Lunch is provided every day in the communal office space, part of Grønland Game Hub.
- Working in Norway gives you access to Norwegian social security and welfare: 37.5 hour workweeks, free public health services, five weeks paid vacation each year, and a bunch of other benefits. Norway is also frequently listed as one of the best countries in the world to live in.
- A creative, empathetic and inclusive work environment.
How to apply:
Send your application, resume, references and anything you feel is relevant to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 5th. By sending the email you consent to Krillbites leadership getting access to all information you provide. After the hiring process is over, Krillbite will delete all information you have shared with us.
Finally, you need to be able to provide references upon request.