Based in Hamar, Norway
February 10th, 2013
PC / Mac / Linux
DescriptionThe Plan is a little experimental videogame. A fly ascends to the skies, pondering the pointlessness of its brief existence. You can download the game for free from the project website. Enjoy! The score, Grieg’s Åses Død, was recorded by Naxos International and performed by Oslo Camerata.
HistoryThe game was developed as a side project for a few months during winter 2012/2013, and released for free to PC, Mac, Linux on the 10th of february 2013. It has since been nominated for the Nordic Indie Sensation Award 2013 at the Nordic Game Conference, and been exhibited at the NotgamesFest during Gamescon 2013. In addition it was (quite surprisingly) named the 10th most important game of 2013 by Heise magazine. It's currently counting over 790.000 downloads.
The Plan - Gameplay Teaser YouTube
Awards & Recognition
- "Nominated for Nordic Indie Sensation Award, NGA 2013." Malmø, Sweeden May, 2013
- "Exhibited at the NotgamesFest, during Gamescon 2013 " August, 2013
- "Hey, You Should Play This"
- Patrick Klepek, Giantbomb
- "Some may argue that The Plan isn't really a game and it definitely occupies the same terrain as Journey, Passage, and Dear Esther, but it's shorter than Journey, prettier than Passage, and less overwrought than Dear Esther, making it well worth taking a punt on for the low price of free."
- Jeffrey Matulef, Eurogamer
- "It’s that space in the mechanics for thought and interpretation that I appreciate most here. The Plan won’t break your brain, but it’s a nicely contemplative journey."
- Nathan Grayson, RockPaperShotgun
- "In order, here are the emotions I experienced during the three minutes it took me to play The Plan, the new free morsel from the Norweigan indie developer Krillbite: confusion, frustration, boredom, fear, amusement, delight, joy, enchantment, and regret. One of the things independent games ask us to do is accept that a three-minute game can be as valid as a thirty-hour one. Games like these make it hard to disagree."
- Joseph Bernstein, Buzzfeed
- "Krillbite Studio, the developers behind Among The Sleep, have gone on and released a most polished, visually stunning and freeware new game"
- Konstantinos Dimopoulos, Indiegames.com
- "Krillbite's The Plan is a short, sharp experimental deliberation on the meaning of life."
- Andy Chalk, The Escapist
About Krillbite Studio
Krillbite Studio is a rather small independent game developer, who seek to deliver unique and engaging experiences. In 2014 we changed our lives completely by publishing our Kickstarter funded game Among the Sleep. In December 2015 we released Among the Sleep on PlayStation 4, and in June 2016 we released it for Xbox One. We are also designing our new project Mosaic. The projects keeps us busy, and we are very excited to see our ideas gradually take form. Please don't hesitate to contact us regarding whatever, according to some guy we met we can be quite pleasant.
More information on Krillbite Studio, our logo & relevant media are available here.
The Plan Credits